(June 29 – July 15, 2012) In addition to its annual concert season, the Austin Chamber Music Center has hosted a summer festival since 1997 that has featured some of the premier performers in chamber music, including the Borromeo String Quartet, the Eroica Piano Trio, the jazz trio The Bad Plus, and Anonymous 4. The festival also presents a Behind the Scenes with the Artists series at Brentwood Christian School, as well as various free concerts. Concurrent with the festival is a summer workshop for players of all ages who learn from local musicians and International Artists-in-Residence alike. Festival concerts are free for workshop participants. (DK)
Austin Chamber Music Center Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 8–10 mainstage concerts, and dozens of other concerts, masterclasses, outreaches, showcases, and more
- Ticket Prices: Performances are priced individually. Several free concerts and special events are also presented throughout the festival
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are available. Prices vary from year to year.