Ballet Memphis is a regional company whose productions include a combination of evening-length story ballets and repertory concerts. Their seasons regularly feature new commissions from up-and-coming choreographers and from well-known American choreographers such as Trey McIntyre. The company has performed at prestigious U.S. venues including Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival and the Joyce Theater and has toured internationally in France and Canada. They are one of only two ballet companies in the nation to have received a Ford Foundation Challenge Grant.
Ballet Memphis Information
- Other Venues: The Orpheum, Playhouse on the Square, The Columns @ One Commerce Square, and more
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes (all venues)
- Performance/Programs: Five to seven programs per season on average
- Ticket Prices: $35-$70. Discounts are available for students and seniors
- Subscriptions: Three show packages start at just $54. A premium 6-show package is offered for $250.