Dinner theaters aren’t as numerous or popular as they once were, but Beef & Boards is still going strong, having served up “food, fun, and fabulous entertainment” for nearly 40 years. Located in College Park, it was originally part of a chain of dinner theaters built by Louisville contractor J. Scott Talbott. Today, the Indianapolis venue is privately owned and is the only surviving Beef & Boards theater, feeding and entertaining more than 155,000 people annually.
Each season offers Broadway shows, concerts, and children’s theatre productions by the resident company, The Pyramid Players. Representative fare ranges from My Fair Lady to White Christmas to High School Musical.
Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (a short walk from buses 28 and 34 at Depauw Boulevard/Wesleyan Road)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performance/Programs: Approximately nine productions per season, including childrens’ theater productions
- Ticket Prices: $37-$60, depending on production, date, and seating choice
- Group Discounts: Parties of 20 or more receive discounts of $5 per individual ticket
- Subscription/Memberships: Three types of membership are available: Early Bird ($84), VIP Plus ($129.50), and Premiere Club Season Ticket ($354). Benefits include 2-for-1 ticket prices, Gift Shop and Childrens’ Theater discounts, and reserved seating.