The performing arts vehicle for the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School, located at Saint Paul Church in Cambridge, the Choir sings weekly for Catholic liturgies during the school year, as well as performing Christmas concerts and a spring concert in May.
The Boston Boy Choir boasts an impressive resume, having performed with the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Tanglewood Festival Chorus, the Boston Pops Orchestra, the Boston Baroque, the New Bedford Symphony Orchestra, the Harvard University Choir, and several other ensembles in the New England area.
The Choir School provides full-time education in the core academic courses as well as intense musical training for boys in grades five through eight. Because of their service as choir members, students of the school are considered to have “Working Scholarships” and do not have to pay tuition to attend.
Boston Boy Choir Information
- Public Transportation: Very good (The 1 bus at Mt. Auburn and DeWolfe Streets is steps away from Saint Paul’s Church; by subway, the Red Line at the Harvard Square Station is a five-minute walk)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good. Enter through back and take the elevator up
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 12–15 per season
- Ticket Prices: Performances are priced individually. While some concerts are free, others range from $10–$25
- Sponsorships: Patron $100, Friend $250, Bronze Sponsor $500, Silver Sponsor $750, Gold Sponsor $1000, Diamond Sponsor $2500, Grand Sponsor $5000. Each sponsorship level receives acknowledgment in event and concert programs and on the website.