A professional company located on the scenic Delaware River in Bucks County, Bristol Riverside Theatre produces shows in a renovated movie house that combines the benefits of a large stage with the intimacy of a 300-seat theatre. Since 1986, BRT has maintained a commitment to finding and developing new works, such as country music star Larry Gatlin’s musicals Alive and Well (And Livin’ in the Land of Dreams) and Texas Flyer, Jules Tasca’s drama The Balkan Women, Mark Medoff’s The Majestic Kid, and Jon Marans’ A Raw Space. The theatre has also brought nationally renowned theatre artists to Bucks County, including Gregory Peck, Kim Hunter, and Keir Dullea. (MP)
Bristol Riverside Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a short walk from SEPTA bus 128 at Mill Street/Radcliffe Street; and a 4-minute walk from bus 129 at Pond Street/Market Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 5 mainstage shows per season with multiple performances of each; 8–10 special events presented each year, some having multiple performances
- Ticket Prices: $15–$45 depending on event, date, and seating selection
- Subscriptions: Several subscription options are available and range from $99–$163 with prices varying by date and seating selection. Student and Senior discounts are available.