Broadway San Jose is a series of shows presented by the Nederlander Organization, which is now in its third generation of theater development, ownership, management and production.
Over the years, the Nederlanders have booked and/or produced a substantial number of perennially popular musicals. The 2010-2011 season of Broadway San Jose included Burn the Floor, Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles, The Color Purple, Grease, Fiddler on the Roof, Stomp, and Mamma Mia. All shows are presented at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, designed by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and located on the corner of West San Carlos Street and Almaden Boulevard.
Broadway San Jose Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (minutes from the light rail and bus stops at the Convention Center Station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 7 shows with multiple performances of each. Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Tickets range from $20–$79 with prices varying by date and seat selection
- Group Discounts: Group discounts up to 10% are available
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are available and range from $126–$525 with prices varying by date and seat selection. Benefits include priority seating, ticket exchange privileges, courtesy days, swap one, and 24/7 online account access
- President’s Club: The President’s Club is a VIP subscription plan that gives its subscribers the red carpet treatment. There are three levels: Executive ($1,995–$3,900), Premier ($2,995–$5,750), and Imperial ($5,995–$16,000), with prices varying by seat amount (either 2 seats or 4) and date. Each level enjoys 2–4 center orchestra tickets to all seven shows; exclusive President’s Club Member entrance; complimentary access to the President’s Club Lounge; your name listed in show program and lobby signage; handling fees for additional VIP ticket purchases waived; free ticket exchange by phone; and 2–4 complimentary beverage vouchers per performance.