Originally a children’s theater, Bruka has expanded to become an edgy community theater that also happens to perform kids’ fare. The Bruka mainstage is always busy, filled with everything from an intimate play like Tracy Letts’ Bug to the epic Angels in America. Bruka loves the odd, whether it’s the “blasphemous yuletide tale” The Weber Family Christmas, The Great American Trailer Park Musical, or brother-sister scribes David and Amy Sedaris’s “Amish picaresque” The Book of Liz. The Children’s Theatre, the Original Play Reading Series, and special events fill out the rest of Bruka’s always intriguing schedule.
Bruka Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by a few bus lines)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: 10–12 per season with multiple performances of each
- Admission: For advance single tickets, general admission is $18-$20 and $16-$18 for students and seniors (55+); all tickets $25 at the door
- Subscription/Memberships: Subscriptions are $80-$140. Subscriber benefits include discounted parking and a newsletter.