This professional community orchestra began in 2007 in order to enhance the overall cultural experience of Burlington and nearby Vermont communities. The ensemble performs the works of such mainstays as Corelli, Handel, Mozart, and Grieg, as well lesser known composers like Heinrich Franz Biber, Francesco Geminiani, and Joosef Suk. The Burlington Chamber Orchestra also hosts the Young Artist Solo Competition for Vermont students 18 and younger. (DK)
Burlington Chamber Orchestra Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (a 5-minute walk from CCTA bus 8 at Prospect Street/Cliff Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 4 shows per season
- Ticket Prices: $25 Adults; $20 Seniors (65+); $8 Students and Children
- Subscriptions: 4-show $80 (Seniors $64; Students and Children $25.60); 3-show $63.75 (Seniors $51; Students and Children $20.40); 2-show $45 (Seniors $36; Students and Children $14.40)
- Membership: Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. All donors are listed in concert programs.