With longtime music director David Hoose at the helm, the Cantata Singers & Ensemble have premiered several new choral and orchestral works that the group commissioned by American composers and it has spotlighted seldom sung works of old, all the while staying true to its commitment to the music of the cantata master himself, J.S. Bach.
Cantata Singers Information
- Venues: Primarily New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall (30 Gainsborough Street) and various locations throughout the Boston area
- Public Transportation: Good (Jordan Hall)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good (Jordan Hall)
- Performance/Productions: Usually four–six performances per season
- Ticket Prices: $17–$52
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Available from $68–$168 depending on the type of seats and date of performances selected. Season ticket holders get 10% off recordings, priority seating, ticket insurance, sell-out protection, and a Greater Boston Choral Consortium VIP Discount Card that gets you discounts on concerts by dozens of nearby choral groups
- Membership: Contributions from $25–$2,500+ are most welcome.