(June 24 – August 3, 2012) This six-week festival at Chautauqua in Boulder includes several performances by both the Chamber Orchestra and Festival Orchestra, a mini-Violin Festival, and a World Music Series. Guest artists have included string trio Time for Three, soprano Jessica Rivera, fiddler Eileen Ivers, and others. Ancillary concert offerings include a Chamber Music Series featuring works by such disparate composers as Johannes Brahms, Samuel Barber, Gunther Schuller, Steve Reich, and Wynton Marsalis, as well as the Kaleidoscope Concerts focused on styles such as jazz and American roots music like folk and bluegrass.
The festival’s Young People’s Concerts are geared toward children from three to seven and are followed by an interactive Music Fair. Myriad summer education programs are available for every age group, from early childhood to adulthood. (DK)
Colorado Music Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Poor. The closest buses are at Baseline Road/North Broadway Street, which is a 25-minute walk
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 25 concerts per season
- Ticket Prices: $5–$49, depending on series and seating selection. Students, Seniors, and Members receive discounted tickets. If you buy more than 3 tickets, you also receive discounts
- Subscriptions: $132–$594 depending on series and seating selection. Subscriber benefits include guaranteed reserved seating; free ticket exchange; discounts on additional tickets; a Buy-One-Get-One-Free coupon for the Colorado Shakespeare Festival and the Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra; invitations to special events including the exclusive Season Announcement party, Opening Night Celebration party, and the Season Closing party; and more
- Membership: Individual membership begins at $50 (Student $25). Depending on amount given, benefits include a listing in the CMF concert program and on the donor sign in the lobby; invitations to a post-rehearsal discussion with Maestro Christie; an invitation to the Season Announcement Party; two CMF FlexTix (redeemable for a Festival concert of your choice); an invitation to the Grand Club reception with Maestro Christie; VIP parking at Chautauqua; and more.