Founded in 2003 by Carley Conder, CONDER/dance quickly earned a reputation for producing some of the finest contemporary dance in the greater Phoenix area. The company draws from the strong local dance community, including ASU’s highly regarded undergraduate and graduate dance programs, to assemble a youthful, polished and widely appealing group of performers. Their rigorously physical style is often complemented by collaborations with musical ensembles, filmmakers, and sculptors. The company performs regularly in venues such as Tempe Center for the Arts and PVCC Performing Arts Center and occasionally appears in less traditional outdoor and museum settings.
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: About 20 performances per season
- Ticket Prices: Performances are priced individually, but generally range from $10 to $40
- Membership: Memberships start at $25. Member benefits are tiered, and include free and discounted tickets, name recognition in programs and website and, at higher donor levels, include a backstage tour with the Artistic Director, and invitations to a technical rehearsal.