A producing extension of the University of Connecticut’s Dramatic Arts Department, CRT presents a year round season of plays and musicals uniting the department’s brightest students with an ongoing team of professional designers, guest artists and faculty members. Offering a broad scope of traditional (Macbeth, Peter Pan) and experimental (Stop Kiss, Icarus), CRT productions are performed in three unique theatre spaces (the 486-seat Jorgensen Theatre, the 241-seat Nafe Katter Theatre, and the 116-seat Studio Theatre).
In addition to hosting a bevy of recent Connecticut premieres by such acclaimed contemporary playwrights as Tony Kushner and Sam Shepard, CRT also plays host to the University of Connecticut’s singular Puppet Arts performances, the only degree-based puppetry program in the country.
Connecticut Repertory Theatre (CRT) Information
- Other Venues: The Nafe Katter Theatre and the Studio/Mobius Theatre, University of Connecticut, Storrs
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good (all venues)
- Performances/Programs: Schedule is Wednesday–Sunday, with occasional Tuesday shows
- Ticket Prices: $26–$35, preview performances $17–$20, discounts available for students and seniors. Student pass $24 for four coupons (each can be redeemed for a ticket to any CRT mainstage performance; available to currently enrolled UConn students only)
- Subscriptions: Subscribers save 25%. Benefits include priority seating, unlimited ticket exchanges (with 48 hours notice), ticket insurance, and two 50%-discount coupons.