The oldest not-for-profit jazz organization in the country, Columbus’ Jazz Arts Group is dedicated to the highest level of jazz performance and education with some of the finest performers and venues in Ohio. Recent performers include almost every major touring act and their multiple concert series (including “Swingin’ at the Southern” and “The Great American Songbook”) are as innovative as they are superb.
Concerts take place in world-class venues, including the historic Southern Theater and state-of-the-art Capitol Theater at the Riffe Center. JAG is home to both the Columbus Jazz Orchestra (CJO), one of the best Jazz Orchestras in the U.S., and the Jazz Academy, an education and outreach program based in the newly restored Lincoln Theater complex. With over 2,000 subscribers, the CJO boasts the largest subscription base of any jazz orchestra in the country.
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 8-10 performances for the CJO concert series.
- Ticket Prices: $41-49. Groups of 20 or more: $15-$30, depending on the concert series and venue. Student tickets: $10-15 at the door.
- Subscriptions: Contact the box office for information on the multiple subscription series and levels.
Jazz Arts Group Information