(June 22-July 7, 2012) Jazz Aspen Snowmass is the umbrella organization for an abundance of jazzy events including a summer festival in June, a Labor Day jazz festival, a number of one-off concerts throughout the year, educational programs, and a concert series at the Little Nell Hotel.
The summer festival features the likes of Raul Midon, the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis and Monty Alexander, as well as a whole host of acts in smaller venues throughout the city during the 10-day event. The Labor Day festival tends to feature more mainstream acts like Lenny Kravitz, Steely Dan and Girl Talk. Night owl festival-goers should keep an eye out for the JAS After Dark concerts that happen through the night after the mainstage acts during both festivals and since 1994, locals have enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) the free concert series on Fanny Hill throughout the summer, featuring a veritable potpourri of musical acts and genres.
Jazz Aspen Snowmass Information
- Venues: The June Festival (Benedict Music Tent on the Aspen Music Festival grounds, 960 North 3rd Street); The Labor Day Festival (446 Clubhouse Drive, Snowmass Village); JAS Café Downstairs @ The Nell (The Little Nell Hotel, 675 East Durant Avenue); and other various venues
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue. Discounted shuttle options from CME are available for The June and Labor Day festivals
- Handicapped Accessibility: All venues are accessible
- Performances/Programs: June and Labor Day Festivals; a summer series of weekly performances; a winter series of small venue performances; and diverse year round educational programs
- Ticket Prices: Varies from Free-$200 depending on event, date, and seat selection.