(March) In its short life (so far), Jazz in the Gardens has quickly become one of the finest and most well-attended R&B/jazz festivals in the Southern U.S. In 2010, the festival hosted over 45,000 attendees from all over the country at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens. The event features the top names in R&B like Lauryn Hill, Mary J. Blige, Robin Thicke and Erykah Badu, as well as great names in jazz like Branford Marsalis, Al Jarreau, Nancy Wilson and Sergio Mendes. Festival goers are treated to two days of brilliant music and delicious food in a world-class concert setting.
We recommend purchasing tickets early and for both days, as the discounts and savings on walk-up purchase ticket surcharges are worth the extra planning. General admission is the best value, but for those who don’t care to bring blankets and chairs, reserved seating is not that much more expensive. Also be advised that you will pay dearly for parking. However, the low ticket prices, incredible performers, and an amazing sunny festival atmosphere more than make up for a little extra money to get into a parking garage.
- Public Transportation: Fair (a 7-minute walk from Metrobus lines 27, 97, and 99 at NW 27th Avenue/NW 199th Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances: 10 performances
- Ticket Prices: $45–$70 single-day advance, $75–$125 two-day advance, $55–$80 single-day walk-up, $95–$145 two-day walk-up
- Discounts: Groups of 20 or more receive 10% off tickets.