Artistic Director Weare founded her eponymous company in 2005 to showcase her extraordinary contemporary choreography. The company quickly gained recognition in 2007 by winning first prize in NY’s prestigious The AWARD Show; it’s since gone on to receive numerous other accolades and fellowships.
Through intense work in the studio, Weare and her dancers create pieces that reflect the choreographer’s perspective on relationship and its complexity. The dancers’ unified training and understanding of the nuances of Weare’s vision allow them to affect audiences by transmitting the heart’s fluctuations into corporeal movement. The potency of Weare’s work is easily seen in pieces such as Garden, a collaboration with scenic designer Kurt Persche and lighting designer Brian Jones in which, through straightforward movement and intent, the natural world unfolds; and Bright Land, KWC’s collaboration with string band The Crooked Jades, which depicts the cycle of life as it weaves through each generation.
Kate Weare Company Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule varies widely
- Ticket Prices: Range from Free–$40+ depending on event and venue
- Membership: Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible.