Scouring the city for a suitable jazz scene and finding it lacking, Monk Montgomery (bassist and brother of famed guitarist Wes Montgomery) formed the Las Vegas Jazz Society in 1975 to provide more outlets for Vegas’ great jazz musicians and draw national acts to major venues on and off The Strip. Since then, the Society has helped to bring most of the greatest national acts to Las Vegas and assisted in creating a vibrant jazz community.
The society’s website provides local listings for jazz events, jazz musicians and the Society maintains a close partnership with the UNLV Jazz Program as well as local high school jazz programs and scholarship funds to ensure a continued legacy of new jazz musicians and enthusiasts. Their bi-monthly newsletter also features Las Vegas jazz events, local musicians and articles.
Las Vegas Jazz Society Information
- Public Transportation: N/A
- Handicapped Accessibility: N/A
- Performances/Programs: 10 performances a year, along with other co-sponsored events
- Ticket Prices: $15-20, with discounts for members
- Membership: ranges from $10 Student Membership and $25 Individual Membership, up to $1500 Corporate Sponsorship.