Luna Stage was founded in 1992 and became an Equity Theater in 1995. For 18 years, the company made its home in Montclair, NJ, first in a small space on Walnut Street and later in a larger facility on Bloomfield Avenue. In the fall of 2010, Luna moved to a new home in West Orange, in the heart of the Valley Arts District. The new facility features a 99-seat black box theatre and a 40-seat studio theatre, as well as a rehearsal studio, an art gallery, and administrative offices. In addition to mainstage presentations of plays ranging from John Henry Redwood’s The Old Settler to Quiara Alegria Hudes’s Eliot: A Soldier’s Fugue to Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman, the company offers a reading series of new works, along with benefit performances and other special events. (MP)
- Public Transportation: Fair (a 5-minute walk from NJ Transit bus 92 at Scotland Road/New England Terrace and NJ Train Morris & Essex Line at the Highland Avenue Station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 4 mainstage shows per season with multiple performances of each, plus special events and benefits presented throughout the year
- Ticket Prices: $20–$30 depending on date
- Subscriptions: 4-show season pass is $75. Opening Night subscriptions are $90.