(August 3-5, 2012) The original Newport Festival was the place to be for jazz musicians in the latter half of the last century. The festival takes place over two-three days in August and continues to play host to some of the most influential and talented performers in the medium. As Newport is less equipped to handle the large crowds that flock to the festival than places like New York or Chicago might be, it’s best to book accommodations months in advance or be willing to drive to the festival site from another more convenient location (though, keep in mind that parking can be very limited at Fort Adams).
Newport Jazz Festival Information
- Venues: The main Festival takes place at Fort Adams State Park. The Opening Night Concert is at the International Tennis Hall of Fame (194 Bellevue Avenue)
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible via water taxi service)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Over 30 performances presented during the 2-day festival
- Ticket Prices: International Tennis Hall of Fame – $40–$100 depending on seating selection. Fort Adams State Park – Adults $69 in advance, $75 at the door; Children (3-15) $15; Children under 3 are admitted for free. Adult Two-Day Passes are available for $125. Reserved Seating ranges from $85–$100. Parking prices are $12–$15.