This company has been bringing Shakespeare in the park to Oklahoma citizens since 1985, when it debuted with two of the Bard’s most beloved comedies, Twelfth Night and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Its current venue during the summer months is the newly renovated Myriad Botanical Gardens Water Stage in downtown Oklahoma City. The company also performs indoors during the fall and winter, on the grounds of the Oklahoma City University campus. Recent productions have included Romeo and Juliet, The Taming of the Shrew, and The Comedy of Errors, as well as non-Shakespearean fare such as Shaw’s Misalliance and Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath. (MP)
- Venues: The Summer season is presented at the Myriad Gardens Water Stage (100 Myriad Gardens). The Fall and Winter Seasons are presented at Oklahoma City University (2501 North Blackwelder Avenue)
- Public Transportation: Good for both. Myriad Gardens Water Stage (within a 5-minute walk from several METRO buses that circle the Myriad Botanical Gardens). Oklahoma City University (a 5-minute walk from METRO buses 7, 8, and 23 at Pennsylvania Avenue/NW 23rd Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good at both locations
- Performances/Programs: 4-6 shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $10 Adults; $8 Students, Seniors, and Children (12 and under)
- Subscriptions: Season tickets are $35.