The Philadelphia Opera Company has been this city’s primary opera company since its founding in 1975. The Company seeks to blend the traditional with the contemporary and to create new traditions in the opera world. The Opera has a serious commitment to producing new American operas and tries to premiere as many American works as possible.
The Philadelphia Opera Company has long understood that young opera talent should be nurtured and given opportunities to perform, and has cast these bright young stars along with internationally recognized opera stars.
Opera Company of Philadelphia Information
- Other Venue: The Perelman Theater (260 South Broad Street)
- Public Transportation: Very good (easily accessible by several Metro and PATCO routes)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good for both venues
- Performances/Programs: Five-six productions per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices/Subscriptions: Prices vary depending on date, time, performances, and seating selection.