While Opera Southwest (OSW) is dedicated to performing standard works such as Tosca, Carmen, and The Barber of Seville, the company has presented numerous operas for children and has impressively produced more than 23 world premieres. For opera aficionados, there are pre-opera seminars. Founded in 1972, OSW also presents “Puccini and Popcorn,” a free event for children and families at which refreshments are served.
Opera Southwest Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a short walk from buses 53 and 54 at Bridge Blvd./8th Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Two-three operas per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Tickets range from $10–$75 depending on seat selection. Student, group, and senior discounts are available. Student Rush tickets are $10 and are sold one hour prior to curtain on each performance night. Student groups of 10 or more receive discounted tickets for $15
- Subscriptions: Season tickets are available, and can be purchased by calling Opera Southwest
- Membership: Donations of any amount are appreciated. Individual donations are tax deductible and donors are recognized in show programs.