Led by conductor, pianist, and founding Music Director Peter Nero, the ensemble brings a populist approach to the orchestral medium, covering the genres of swing, Broadway, 50s rock, and more. The Philly POPS concerts are varied, and suitable for families, nostalgia seekers, and live music lovers alike. Since 2000, the orchestra has also been accompanied in concert by the vocal ensemble The Voices of the POPS.
Philly Pops Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (Easily accessible by several SEPTA subway, rail and bus lines around the Kimmel Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: About 31 performances, seven programs per season
- Tickets/Subscriptions: Range from $27–$105, depending on date and seat selection
- Donation Levels: Friend ($75); Enthusiast ($150); Performer ($300); Principal Player ($500); Club Nero ($1,000+). Depending on the level, benefits include priority seating, access to open rehearsal, program recognition, single ticket discounts, and more.