Arizona’s home for local productions of flashy plays and big budget musicals, Phoenix Theatre is also one of the oldest professional theatre companies in the country. For over 89 years, Phoenix Theatre’s commitment to excellence has been a vital part of the Southwest arts scene. Major productions are divided between the company’s mainstage season and its Cookie Company (Theatre for you Young Audiences), but the company also offers a Theatre Academy and New Works Festival promoting new talent.
Phoenix Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good (easily accessible from the METRO Light Rail and buses 0, 17, 512, and GAL at the Central Avenue/McDowell Rd. stop)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Performances are presented Wednesday-Sunday. On average, the company presents six main stage musicals per season, both originals and Broadway hits. The company also tours its children’s theater troupe, The Cookie Company
- Admission: Main stage tickets average between $24.50-$59.50
- Subscription/Memberships: Full season ticket subscribers enjoy six shows for the price of four. In addition to this discount, subscribers receive ticket insurance and free ticket exchanges for scheduling flexibility.