Over 1000 programs are mounted each year at Cleveland’s PlayhouseSquare Theater, which is presently the nation’s largest performing arts center outside of New York City. In addition to presenting the seasons of local professional companies like Great Lakes Theater Festival and Ohio Ballet, this not-for-profit also hosts a diverse cross section of visiting productions including Broadway tours, plays, dance programs, operas, family fare, concerts, comedy shows and more. The PlayhouseSquare Center complex is made up of eight spaces and attracts over a million guests per year.
PlayhouseSquare Center Information
- Venues: This complex is made up of eights spaces located within blocks of each other in downtown Cleveland: the Palace Theater, State Theater, 14th Street Theater, Hanna Theater, Ohio Theater, Allen Theater, Westfield Insurance Studio Theater and Kennedy’s Theater.
- Public Transportation: Very good (easily accessible by bus)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: PlayhouseSquare Center’s Hanna Theater hosts the four production season of the Great Lakes Theater Festival. Resident companies also include the Ohio Ballet, Opera Cleveland, Tri-C Cultural Arts Series and Tri-C Jazz Festival (housed at differing PHS venues throughout the year). The Palace Theater hosts the Key Bank Broadway series featuring top tier national tours of hit musicals and also regularly screens classic movies from the golden age of Hollywood in its 2800 seat space. The Allen frequently showcases high profile music and comedy performers.
- Ticket Prices: Vary by venue and program.
- Group Discounts: Discounts are available for groups of 20 or more.
- Subscriptions: Broadway Series subscriptions as well as wide ranging season tickets options for the Center’s resident companies are offered. The Discovery Theater Series for Families subscriptions start at $48.