The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra performs over 140 concerts a year, reaching nearly 350,000 people through concerts, education and outreach events, yearly residency at the Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival in Colorado, and broadcasts on WXXI 91.5 FM. Founded by George Eastman in 1922, the orchestra continues to be a vanguard in performing new or rarely performed works as well as exciting interpretations of the masters.
RPO performs a number of free outdoor concerts during the summer, and their regular season includes Pops concerts and family concerts in addition to the classics. A strong partnership with the Eastman School of Music also provides the RPO with an opportunity to feature the next generation of great talent through its various smaller performing ensembles.
Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Information
- Other venues: Hochstein School of Music and Dance, Roberts Cultural Life Center at Roberts Wesleyan College, and Constellation Brands-Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center (CMAC)
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue.
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes (Kodak Hall and Hochstein)
- Performance/Programs: Schedule is Thursday through Sunday.
- Admission: Single tickets $15-$72. Senior, student, and child discounts available for some concerts. RPO sometimes gives free concerts around town.
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 10 or more.
- Subscription/Memberships: Season subscriptions $110-$698. Subscriber benefits include discounts on holiday concerts and ticket exchanges. Memberships start at $75, and include benefits such as 20% discount on single ticket purchases and a voucher for two complimentary Casual Sunday Matinee tickets.