Pulling from a roster of works by mostly contemporary playwrights, Sacramento Theatre Company presents a pleasant array of small cast audience favorites at the intimate Polluck Theatre, and a large scale holiday musical each year on its Main Stage. A well regarded School of the Arts and a cabaret series saluting classic and current Broadway round out the current calendar for this company which first began as entertainment for troops at local military bases in 1942.
Sacramento Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a 3-minute walk from buses 30, 31, and 62 at J Street/14th Street; a 5-minute walk from the Light Rail Blue line at the I Street/12th Street stop and bus 6 at J Street/15th Street)
- Handicapped Accessible: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is generally Wednesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $20–$46. Student tickets are $15–$20. Seniors are eligible for discounts on regular ticket prices. Discounts available for groups of 12 or more. Half-priced Rush Tickets sold a half hour before curtain
- Membership/Subscriptions: Subscriptions are $114–$198.Senior (60+) subscriptions are $96–$174. Student/child subscriptions are $60–$96
- Other Benefits: Subscriber benefits include “buy a ticket for $10” coupons and flexible ticket exchange.