Begun in 1965, the Sarasota Music Festival has provided the opportunity for promising college and conservatory musicians to learn from accomplished faculty and perform alongside esteemed guest artists. Led by Artistic Director Robert Levin, this summer chamber music festival features such curiosities as the premieres of Mozart fragments completed by Levin himself, as well as works by Liszt, Schumann, Barber and more. With a full lineup of student recitals, master classes, and chamber music and symphony concerts, no better opportunity exists to hear future professionals of the American classical music scene for such affordable prices.
Sarasota Music Festival Information
- Other Venues: Sarasota Opera House, 61 North Pineapple Avenue, Sarasota
- Public Transportation: Good for Holley Hall (a 3-minute walk from SCAT bus 99 at 6th Street/Highway 41; and a 7-minute walk from bus 2 at Cocoanut Avenue/5th Street). Excellent for Sarasota Opera House (a 3-minute walk from SCAT buses 1, 1A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 17, 18, 40, and 99 at 1st Street/Lemon Avenue)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good for both venues
- Performances/Programs: 3 performance each for Thursday Artist Showcases, Friday Festival concerts, Saturday Symphony concerts, and Student Recitals; about 6 Master Classes per instrument; plus Levin Lectures
- Ticket Passes: Full passes for all three weeks $75; one-week passes $30; day passes $10; visitor passes $5 per event; master classes for all three weeks $75 or $5 per class.