If one company were to be singled out as the embodiment of ‘regional theatre,’ it might just be Seattle Rep. Since 1963, SRT has developed world debut productions by some of the country’s leading playwrights and actors, with a list including such theatrical luminaries as Neil Simon, August Wilson, Wendy Wasserstein, Meryl Streep, Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Tandy. A theatre of ‘big ideas and perspective,’ Seattle Rep’s yearly line-up includes a fascinating mixture of challenging revivals and vital premieres performed in its Leo K and Bagely Wright Theatres. In addition to partnering annually with respected playwrights for its New Work in Progress, Seattle Rep’s Young Voices and New Play Reading Series keep the theatre at the forefront as home for the best in emerging artists.
Seattle Repertory Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $15–$42, $10 tickets for people 25 and under, $20 Rush tickets sold a half-hour before curtain, $15 standby tickets, pay-what-you-can performances (minimum $1). Discounts are available for seniors and groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Four-Show $147–$198, Five-Show $85–$285, Six-Show $210–$288, Seven-Show $129–$359, and Nine-Show $185–$439. Also offered are the Players Pack of six vouchers for $297 and subscription discounts for seniors and 25-and-unders. Subscription benefits include free ticket exchanges, free lost-ticket replacement, and free beverage coupons.