(October) Since its inception in 1981, Sedona Jazz Festival has presented outstanding live jazz, becoming one of the longest running and most respected jazz festivals in the Southwest. Nestled in a stunning natural landscape is a long history of featuring up-and-coming young performers and jazz legends alike in this late summer/early fall festival. The three-day event hosts more than 5,000 attendees each year who flock to the resort town to tap their toes to the likes of Diana Krall, the Count Basie Orchestra, Sonny Rollins, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and many, many more. Tickets to events during the festival fall into the category of absurdly cheap, given the quality of the performers. Through proceeds from the festival and other fundraising, Sedona Jazz on the Rocks also sponsors master classes, scholarships and a youth jazz combo.
Sedona Jazz On The Rocks Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 9-10 performances per year
- Ticket Prices: Tickets range from $30–$350. Tickets are available as Reserved Seating and General Admission and can be purchased as weekend tickets or single day tickets
- Membership Packages: Range from $25–$1000; perks increase with each level of membership.