With an annual schedule of over 350 events and attendance of roughly 300,000 visitors, The Bushnell has functioned as one of Connecticut’s busiest performance venues for over seven decades. In addition to hosting major Broadway tours, the Bushnell is home to the Hartford Symphony Orchestra and Connecticut Opera and in 2001 also began presenting alternative blues, jazz, world music and comedy/performance events as part of its season. Additionally, the theater plays a major role in local cultural life through extensive community outreach. The Bushnell’s arts initiatives aren’t only confined to work with Connecticut’s school children; two of the company’s major programs, On Stage and Beyondand ArtVentures are geared towards increasing adult and senior appreciation of the performing arts.
The Bushnell Information
- Public Transportation: Fair
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: The Bushnell hosts over 350 events annually, including Broadway tours, symphony orchestras, family shows, films, concerts, cabaret, and comedy
- Ticket Prices: Vary by program. Join Email Club for discount offers
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 10–20 or more
- Subscriptions/Membership: Membership begins at $50, with significant benefits starting at the $250+ level (priority ticket purchasing) and $500+ level (10% discount on single tickets.