Devoted to the performance of early vocal and instrumental music from the Renaissance and Baroque periods, the award-winning Consort has presented the works of composers such as Claudio Monteverdi, Marc-Antoine Charpentier, Giulio Caccini, William Lawes and more since 2001. Led by Artistic Director Annalisa Pappano, the ensemble features renowned professional musicians on period instruments like the viola da gamba, harpsichord, lute, lirone (similar to the cello), and more. The concerts are supplemented with presentations that illuminate the historical and cultural context in which the music was created.
The Consort also hosts Early Music Workshops, designed for members of the community to learn how to play instruments such as the viola da gamba and the lute.
Catacoustic Consort Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: 4-8 performances per season
- Ticket Prices: $20 Adults; $7 Students (w/ID); Children 12 and under are admitted free
- Subscriptions: Full Series (4 Concerts) is $60
- Membership: Several donor levels are available: Friends ($10–$99); Chorus Level ($100–$249); Chamber Level ($250–$499); Soloist Level ($500–$999); Director’s Circle ($1,000–$2,499); Concert Sponsor ($2,500–$4,999); Season Sponsor ($5,000–$10,000); and Consort Underwriter ($20,000+). Donor names are listed in the season programs.