Under the leadership of founding artistic director Scott Elliott and executive director Geoff Rich, The New Group is an artist-driven company in residence at the Theatre Row complex on West 42nd Street. Its productions have included a revival of David Rabe’s Hurlyburly starring Ethan Hawke, Parker Posey, Josh Hamilton, and Bobby Cannavale; the world premiere of Kenneth Lonergan’s The Starry Messenger, with a cast led by Matthew Broderick; a revival of Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind, directed by Hawke; and the new (2010) musical The Kid, based on the book of that name by Dan Savage.
New Group Information
- Public Transportation: Good (Close to subway lines A, C, and E at 42nd Street/Port Authority, and buses M11, M16, and M42)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Monday–Saturday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $56
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are $126 (renewal subs $104).