Voted “Best Theatre Company” in Maine four times in the Portland Phoenix readers’ poll, The Public Theatre prides itself on presenting plays from Broadway and Off-Broadway as well as new works in productions featuring professional actors from New York and New England, at a top ticket price of $18.
The company’s 2010-2011 subscription series is scheduled to include Kenny Finke’s Indoor/Outdoor, Rajiv Joseph’s Animals out of Paper, Charlotte Jones’s Humble Boy, and James Sherman’s Beau Jest. The Public Theatre is now in the midst of a capital campaign to raise $2.4 million for interior and exterior renovations to its building, located at the corner of Maple and Lisbon Streets in downtown Lewiston.
The Public Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessible: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 6 productions annually, with approximately 8 performances of each.
- Admission: Individual tickets are $18, Seniors/Students $16, Youth (18 and under) $5.
- Group Discounts: For groups of ten or more, tickets are $15 each.
- Membership/Subscriptions: Adult subscriptions are $72, and include admission to four season productions. Senior/student subscriptions are $64.