Another Balboa Park art museum built with Timken money and filled with European art by the Putnum sisters, here you’ll see masterpieces by many 16th- to 19th-century Spanish, Dutch, Flemish, French, and Italian artists, as well as some American art and Russian icons.
Timken Museum of Art Information
- Public Transportation: Good (take bus 7 to Park Blvd./Presidents Way, where you can catch the free Balboa Park Tram to the Plaza de Panama stop, which is a short walk from the museum)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Hours: Tuesday–Saturday 10 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Sunday 1:30–4 p.m., closed Monday and the month of September
- Admission: Free
- Basic Tour: Docent-led tours are offered Tuesday–Thursday 10 a.m.–noon, and every third Tuesday 1 p.m.–3 p.m. Tours are 30–60 minutes in length
- Membership: Colleague membership ($250–$499) is the ground-level membership at the Timken and includes the museum newsletter, invitations to members’ previews and Timken special events, 15% discounts on all Timken merchandise, and access to the Balboa Arts Conservation Center.