Housed at the handsome 300-seat Pyrie Theatre in downtown Greensboro, Triad Stage has helped launch the city into an arts center of renown. Triad entered its tenth season in 2010, serving area audiences with riveting productions from the canon of American classics, including works by William Inge (Picnic), Harold Pinter (The Caretaker), and Tennessee Williams (A Streetcar Named Desire) alongside world premieres (Providence Gap) and an annual staging of the company’s own Christmas classic (Beautiful Star: An Appalachian Nativity). The Wall Street Journal named Triad’s revival ofTobacco Road one of its “Best of 2007″’.
The company’s recently launched UpStage Cabaret delves into the experimental world of “way Off-Broadway” with entertainment from the irreverent Santaland Diaries to poetry readings, live concerts, and new readings.
Triad Stage Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (easily accessible by all GTA bus routes)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 6 MainStage shows per season with multiple performances of each. 4 UpStage Cabaret shows with multiple performances of each in addition to several theatrical productions, film screenings, live concerts, poetry readings and more presented by Entertainment UpStage
- Ticket Prices: Tickets range from $20–$44 (20% discount for educators), depending on date and seat location. $10 Gallery Seat tickets are available for advance purchase to most MainStage performances and are located along the upper perimeter of the stage. $10 Student Rush tickets are available one hour before each performance. One performance of each MainStage production is set aside as a Pay-What-You-Can show
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10–49 receive a 25% discount and groups of 50 or more receive a 35% discount
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions range from $70–$190 depending on date and seat selection. Flex passes are $190. Subscriber benefits include priority seating, free ticket exchange, discounts to UpStage Cabaret productions, discounts and special offers at Triad Stage’s Restaurant & Retail Partners, and 15% off additional ticket purchases for family & friends.