(February) An annual weekend celebration hosted by the University of Houston and founded by Cullen Professor of Music Abbey Simon, the International Piano Festival presents premier guest pianists such as Markus Groh and Alberto Reyes both in recital and as hosts of master classes. Concerts feature compositions by piano masters Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt, Schumann, and others. (DK)
International Piano Festival Information
- Venues: Moores Opera House, Dudley Recital Hall
- Public Transportation: Good (a 4-minute walk from buses 42, 68, and 88 at Cullen Boulevard/Elgin Street; a 7-minute walk from buses 29, 30, and 52 at Scott Street/Holman Street; and a 15-minute walk from buses 77 and 80 at Calhoun Road/UH University Drive)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: About three recitals, three master classes, and an Artists Conversation Luncheon
- Ticket Prices: Recital tickets are $25 general admission, $15 for students and senior citizens; master classes are $10 general admission, $5 for students and senior citizens; Artists Conversations Luncheon is $15 general admission
- Subscriptions: Recitals – $60 general admission, $35 students and senior citizens; Recitals and Master Classes – $85 general admission and $45 students and senior citizens.