Originally founded in New York City, James Sewell Ballet (JSB) has called the Twin Cities home since 1992. They are a small ensemble of eight performers, some of whom have been with the company for over fifteen years. JSB has earned itself a reputation of doing witty, virtuosic, and theatrically savvy work. Their repertoire is entirely comprised of contemporary pieces, many of which take inspiration from unusual places including Prestidigitations, a solo trilogy based on classic magic tricks and Guy Noir: The Ballet, a narrative work based on the popular radio show character on Garrison Keillor’s A Prairie Home Companion.
James Sewell Ballet Information
- Other Venues: Southern Theater, 1420 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Fall, winter, and spring programs in Minneapolis, each with four–five performances
- Ticket Prices: $30. Small discounts are available to CSC alumni, faculty, and staff. Half-price tickets for students and children 12 and under; the First Chance Dance program is short informal performances for $10
- Group Discounts: For groups of 10 or more, individual ticket prices are discounted to $19 each.