Founded in 1966, Marin Theatre Company is the Bay Area’s premier mid-sized theater and the leading professional nonprofit theater in the North Bay. Located in Marin County between the Golden Gate Bridge and Mount Tamalpais, MTC is a destination for intimate, powerful and engrossing theater productions for over 30,000 people from throughout the Bay Area each year.
The company produces a six-show season of provocative plays by passionate playwrights from the 20th century and today in its intimate 231-seat proscenium theater. MTC is committed to the development and production of new plays by American playwrights, with a comprehensive New Play Program that includes regional premieres each season, two nationally recognized annual playwriting awards, new play readings and workshops by the nation’s best emerging playwrights and a leadership position in the National New Play Network. The company’s numerous education programs serve more than 6,000 students each year.
Marin Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (Golden Gate Transit)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets $36-$57; discount tickets are available for seniors, people under 30 and groups over 15. $15 rush tickets are available any evening beginning one hour before curtain, subject to availability, cash only. Some performances are available on Goldstar.com
- Subscriptions: Six-play full-season subscriptions and four-ticket flex packages are available.Subscription packages offer savings off single ticket prices, exclusive benefits and personalized customer service. Six-play full-season subscriptions are available for $120-306 and include free ticket exchanges, lost ticket replacement and priority seating.