MCG Jazz, a subsidiary of the arts foundation Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild, has been working for more than 20 years to provide a forum for world-class entertainment focusing on the incredible wealth of jazz history in the United States. The Guild was originally conceived by Bill Strickland and the caliber of talent that MCG brings in rivals any international venue. Many of the recordings made at the venue have been nominated for or won Grammys. In the 2008–2009 season alone, the headliners included Chuck Mangione, Toshiko Akiyoshi, Spyro Gyra, Take 6, and Kurt Elling.
MCG Jazz Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 10–15 performances per season. (Sept.–March)
- Ticket Prices: From $30–$50. Student and senior discounts apply for certain shows
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions can be purchased for specific days in groups of 4 or 8 concerts for any number of tickets per concert. Returns can be made through the box office depending on availability of seats
- Membership: Membership at MCG provides members with discounts on CDs and special invitations to MCG member events.