Now presenting its shows in the Illusion Theater venue at 528 Hennepin Avenue in downtown Minneapolis, MMT offers popularly priced productions of musicals that have been rarely or never before seen by Twin Cities audiences. Founded in 1992, the company was originally a touring troupe that traveled the Midwest. In 1997/1998, Minneapolis Musical Theatre presented its first shows in the Twin Cities, at the Bryant Lake Bowl Cabaret Theater, and the company moved to the Illusion Theater space in 2008. Some of its most notable productions over the years have been Passion, A New Brain, Violet, When Pigs Fly, Lucky Stiff, Bat Boy, Jerry Springer: The Opera, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
- Public Transportation: Excellent (a 2-minute walk from the Hiawatha Light Rail Line at the Warehouse District/Hennepin Avenue stop; and a 3-minute walk from buses 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 14, 16, 50, 61, and 94 at Hennepin Avenue/4th Street, and from buses 10, 11, 17, 18, and 25 at Nicollet Mall/6th Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 3 mainstage shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $25–$30 depending on event
- Subscriptions: Full season subscriptions are $66 and include priority seating.