Active since 1950, the Minnesota Pops Orchestra satisfies the needs of Twin Cities concertgoers during the classical music “off-season” each summer. The 45-person professional ensemble performs a staggering 15 concerts every July—all of which are free to the public—with offerings including light classical and Broadway fare. The orchestra’s activities include a series of Concerts for Seniors and a mentorship program for area high school musicians.
Minneapolis Pops Orchestra Information
- Venues: Lake Harriet Band Shell, 4135 West Lake Harriet Parkway; Nicollet Island Pavilion, 40 Power Street; Elliot Park, 910 Elliot Ave.
- Public Transportation: Good (Bus stops are close to each location)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 15 concerts per season
- Ticket Prices: Free
- Sponsorship: Individual sponsorship levels range from $250–$1,000. Sponsors receive appreciation events and recognition in the programs, newsletters, and website.