Founded in 1944, the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra sprang from a deep passion for music that continues to ring through Jackson, MS. Today the ensemble performs over 120 concerts around the state, reaching 75,000 Mississippians each year. Concerts series include the “Bravo” Series, featuring masterworks with world-class soloists; a Pops series and a popular Chamber series, which takes place in venues around the Jackson area. MSO currently supports three youth orchestras and performs numerous in-school concerts during its season. Subscriptions are available for each series in several levels.
Mississippi Symphony Orchestra Information
- Other Venues: Chamber Series concerts, special event concerts and Pepsi Pops are held at different venues throughout the Jackson metro area
- Public Transportation: Good for Thalia Mara Hall (All JATRAN bus lines stop at Union Station, which is a 7-minute walk). Depends on venue for all other locations
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 13 programs per season
- Tickets: $25–$60; $5 student tickets
- Group Discounts: 10% discounts for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Different subscription levels for Chamber, Pops and Bravo Series.