Over a million theatergoers (and their parents) have taken in a performance at the hugely popular Oregon Children’s Theatre since its inception in 1988. Not your grandmother’s children’s theatre, OCT offers a hip and refreshing season of rethought classics and new works, designed at bringing out the child in everyone. From Alice in Wonderland (a rock opera) to Petite Rouge (a Cajun Red Riding Hood), OCT is 21st century kids theatre on the cutting edge. The company is also renowned for its young professionals program offering kids 13 and over a working insight into the onstage world.
Oregon Children’s Theatre Information
- Venues: Newmark Theatre and Winningstad Theatre, both located inside the Portland Center for Performing Arts
- Public Transportation: Excellent (within a 5-minute walk from several bus and light rail lines)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performance/Programs: 5 shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $13–$30. Discounts available for groups of 8 or more
- Subscriptions: 3-Play ($48–$60) and 5-Play ($70–$85). Subscriber benefits include free ticket exchanges and a $20 coupon for an Acting Academy class.