In just a little over ten years, the PICT has established itself as a vital addition to the thriving Pennsylvania arts scene. Combining works of modern Irish playwrights such as Brian Friel and Martin McDonough, with classic adaptations from the likes of Charlotte Bronte and Oscar Wilde, PICT’s six show season combines old and new in a way that feels startlingly relevant to the theatre and art of our times. With 36 productions and 2 international tours under its belt to date, PICT looks to expand its outlook with a New Classics Series offering free readings of plays by up and coming playwrights.
Pittsburgh Irish and Classical Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $33–$47, $17 tickets for anyone 25 and under, discounts available for seniors
- Subscriptions: Season subscriptions are $180–$240.