Quantum brings theater to Pittsburgh in the most literal sense – by staging environmental productions in non-theatrical spaces all around the city. In the world of the Quantum Theatre, stories unfold in the most unlikely places, be it a museum, an old car dealership, an abandoned building, or an industrial site. Quantum artists develop their productions in these spaces, creating truly original dramas that become a part of the landscape, and giving brand new life and meaning to established plays and musicals. The added details that come from these real-life settings – the street noise, the lighting, the sunset, or a night breeze – make the audience feel as if it’s immersed in the performance. It’s a nice change of pace from the confines of the proscenium and the black box… but be aware, you may need to bring a jacket.
Quantum Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: Shows generally run on a Wednesday–Sunday performance schedule
- Admission: Tickets are $28-$32. Opening night tickets are $40. Limited number of $16 student tickets available for select performances. $5 discount available for Three Rivers Rowing Association members. $3 discount available for members of TIX for Teachers, the Mattress Factory, and WYEP
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more qualify for a $3 discount on each ticket
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are $100-$120. Subscriber benefits include ticket exchanges, a site tour for the production of your choice, preferred seating, and a special subscribers-only production workshop.