Expect the unexpected at the San Francisco International Arts Festival, where ground-breaking Bay Area and international artists present (often in collaboration) performance art, experimental works, site-specific shows, and multi-disciplinary pieces that integrate dance, world music, and multimedia. These artists are always pushing the envelope and flirting with new and developing theatrical techniques, and they frequently engage in post-performance talks to discuss their processes with the audience. As a part of its mission, SFIAF likes to highlight works that reflect cultural diversity, human awareness, and engagement with the issues of the moment, giving the festival a feeling of immediacy and social relevance.
San Francisco International Arts Festival (San Francisco, CA) Information
- Venues: Fort Mason Center, Union Square, various other venues
- Public Transportation: Varies depending on venue (generally good)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Varies depending on venue
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 30 events programmed over two weeks
- Ticket Prices: $25 each event, $20 advance ticket purchase. Series discounts available.