SPCO is the nation’s only full-time professional chamber orchestra, presenting more than 150 concerts and educational programs each year. SPO keeps its performances accessible to all audiences, with many free programs and discounts on tickets. Seats begin as low as $10, and children’s tickets (6–17) are available for $5 for all concerts with the purchase of an adult ticket. “Start the Music!”, for children 3–6; “xplorchestra!”, for 6–12; and “Family Concerts at Ordway Center” are all free.
For those who like to mix their classical intake with other musical styles, SPCO offers Jazzed-Up Fridays, where the first half of the concert features classical music. Post-intermission, you have the choice to stay for some more chamber music or go to the lobby for some jazz or world music.
St. Paul Chamber Orchestra (SPCO) Information
- Other Venues: Bigelow Chapel, United Theological Seminary, 3000 Fifth Street Northwest, New Brighton; Ordway Center for the Performing Arts, 345 Washington Street, St. Paul; Ted Mann Concert Hall, University of Minnesota, 2128 Fourth Street South, Minneapolis
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 150 plus performances per season
- Ticket Prices: $10–$59. Discounts are offered for seniors and student Rush tickets are $10 each one hour prior to performances. Children 6–17 are $5 with the purchase of an adult ticket
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more can receive up to 30% discounts
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions can be ordered based on city and day of the week, and by repertoire. For example, a season ticket package for concerts at the Ordway and Ted Mann costs only $10 per concert for three or more concerts. Additional subscription discounts are available for seniors for various series and price sections. Subscriber benefits include ticket exchanges up to two hours prior to the concert and pre-paid parking.
- Membership: A gift of $1000 or more gives you membership in the Conductors Circle, with access to exclusive events
- Activities for young Adults: Club 20/30 allows 20- and 30-year-olds to purchase concert tickets for $10 with no membership fee.