Now almost 50 years old, the Baltimore Choral Arts Society is a major player in the cultural life of Maryland, the mid-Atlantic region, and beyond. In fact, in 2007, BCAS Artistic Director Tom Hall took the chorus on a successful three-city tour in France. The chorus, which regularly performs with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, has also been featured on TV specials, radio broadcasts, and recordings.
Baltimore Choral Arts Society Information
- Venues: Various locations, including Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Kraushaar Auditorium at Goucher College, and The Basilica of the Assumption
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Most venues accessible; contact venue management for details
- Performance/Productions: Several concerts per season, with multiple performances of each, plus special events such as sing-alongs and performances with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Ticket Prices: Range from $35 to $45
- Subscriptions: Three-concert series $89–$113
- Membership: Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated.