Note: The Contemporary Museum is currently transitioning to their new home at 505 North Charles Street, which is being renovated by Ziger Snead Architects. They plan on opening at the new location sometime in early 2012. In the mean time, the museum presents rotating exhibitions in different locations throughout Baltimore. Check their website for information about current and upcoming exhibitions.
Contemporary Museum Information
- Public Transportation: Very Good (a short walk from MTA buses 3, 11, 61, 64, 410, 411, and 420 and the Charm City Circulator Purple Route at North Charles Street/West Hamilton Street; a 5-minute walk from buses 19, 27, and 120 and the Light Rail at the Centre Street Station; and a 9-minute walk from several buses and the Subway at the Charles Center Metro Station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Hours: Until the new location opens, hours vary depending on exhibition and venue
- Admission: Suggested Donation of $5 Adults; $3 Students
- Tour: TBA
- Membership: Artist/Educator/Student ($15); Individual ($40); Household ($80); New Group ($150 for two); Explorer ($250 per couple); Supporter ($500); Donor ($1,000). Member benefits are tiered with every member receiving invitations to all openings and member-only preview events; discounts on all museum programs and events; a 15% discount on exhibition catalogues; discounts in select restaurants and shops; a subscription to the museum’s bi-monthly e-newsletter; and free admission to all New Art Dialogue Series lectures
- Other Benefits: Reciprocal membership to other museums is available at the Explorer Level ($250 per couple).